Social Capitalism, Economies of Money, and Custodial Regulation
- What does a global financial market based on custodial relations look like? A critical appraisal of Islamic finance as a case study of social capitalism ›
- Configuring Financial Markets ›
- Misunderstanding the Banking Industry ›
- Basel III and the strengthening of capital requirement: the obstinacy in mistake or why “IT” will happen again ›
- Establishing Time Based Community Currencies: Means of Measure, Exchange and Storage ›
- Remembering Camelot: Recent Adventures in Economy, Law and Politics ›
- Collaboration: Rethinking how we think about the politics of regulation ›
- So foul and fair a day: the prosecution of Standard Chartered, state-federal relations and the return of Banquo’s ghost ›
- The financial market problems from some developing countries point of view and its policy implications ›
- Serial Number Transparency ›
- Commodity Price Volatility and Time varying Hedge Ratios Evidence from the Notional Commodity Futures Indices of India ›
- Public currency at the precipice ›
- Money, interest rate and financial markets ›
- Does the Dodd-Frank Act Address the Problems in the Financial Markets? ›
- Awesome Epic Fail: A journey through various paradigms and how to begin fixing the mess left behind. ›
- Saving the Euro: Creating social regional currencies, taxes on financial transactions, and minimum income programs ›
- Merit Regulation via the Suitability Rules ›
- Electronic barter market of fungible values ›
- Transacting without pricing, pricing without transacting ›
- Does the ISX spur Iraqi Economy on Privatization? ›
- General comments ›
This conference is now closed.
This conference of the World Economics Association fostered collective reconsideration of the social role of finance, and consequently, the regulation of financial markets.
One view of the contemporary situation of financial markets, and a statement of the problems that the conference seeks to address may be found in the problematique.
Papers were submitted by scholars from all over the world, and can be accessed below.
David A. Westbrook